November 30th, 2010 I had a sudden hunch to take a pregnancy test. Myself and Bobby had no reason to suspect we could be pregnant. I had no symptoms; was on birth control and felt perfectly normal. To our surprise the test came back positive. The line that indicates a positive result was very faint so myself and Bobby questioned the accuracy, and to be certain we took another test. Same results. Maybe denial was setting in but shock and uncertainty came over us, so we made a late night trip to the grocery store to purchase another test. This test came back positive, again. Three test, all positive. The results couldn't have been any clearer. We were pregnant and we couldn't believe it.
Naturally, when life changing events arise in your life suddenly with no warning, it can cause feelings of uncertainty, doubt and many other feelings both positive and negative. In my case, I felt them all. The good and not so good.
As of today, I have gotten over all the feelings of uncertainty and myself and Bobby are really happy and excited to be expectant parents of a whole new life! Our baby is growing fine and has a lot of wonderful people highly anticipating it's arrival.
Although having a child at this time was not necessarily a part of mine or Bobby's own personal plans for our lives, it was obviously part of God's and when he has his hand in something, only greatness comes from it. We are confident that the love that God has for us and the love we have for each other will be the driving force in our pursuit of healthy parenthood. We hope to be the best parents we can possibly be and we will strive to provide a healthy, stable and positive environment of our baby.
We are so grateful for our families and the unconditional love and support that they have given and continue to give us. The excitement from our loved ones is what keeps us going. It is so wonderful to know how loved this baby will be!
Please visit our baby blog and post anytime you'd like. We will try to update the post with all the new and exciting happenings with the baby as it arises.
With Love,
Bobby and Antoinette
I love u baby ...bobby
ReplyDeleteHere i am almost 60 yrs old and finally becoming a grandfather to your baby. Just want you to know that i'm very happy for the both of you and i'm looking forward to meeting Bobby in Feb. Can't wait to play with my grandchild. Love you Baby. Dad
ReplyDeletebaby names by pita :)
ReplyDeletegirls: Amorita, Selena, Liliana
boys: Raynell, ummmmm, come back to me with the rest.
i love you sister, & yeah you too bobby lol. i can't wait til the baby comes. i'm so excited i cry everytime i think about it. my sisters having a baby!!!
Hi Antoinette:
ReplyDeleteThis Baby is a Blessing, when your father gave me the news of your pregnancy I got so happy. I wish happiness in every way God Bless,
Congratulations! the most wonderful feeling through the pregnancy is hearing your baby's heartbeat
and see how it grows inside you.
I'm so happy for you and Bobby,This baby will bring you both lots of joy!
Count your blessings every day and see your baby grow in every way.
May your baby be blessed,I wish you both all the best. A baby is special,
A baby is a wonder, a baby is fun. Enjoy and cherish your little one that's growing inside you.
May the joys of the birth of your baby remain with you as your child grows and develops.
Your baby will grow, but so will the love of both of you.
Just to let you know I'm thinking of you and that I share in the happiness of the beautiful new life you have created! My love is with your new family.
Of all the blessings God sends from above, the one most precious is a baby to love, a gift from above.
Once again "CONGRATULATIONS"
Maritza
Well baby girl I am so happy & grateful to God to see you having your baby. And to know its going to be mui bonito! I came up with the name Yesenia, Alma, Alicia. I'll think of boy names too. So far I like Ernesto. I'll get back with more names soon. What do you think about Santiago? Okay can't wait to see the beautiful face!
ReplyDeleteLove mom
Antoinette,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you and Bobby! What a wonderful surprise!!!
I am more than confident that you will be a
fantastic mother. I hope you love the feeling of being pregnant too. The first time you feel life moving inside you. It is all so cool. Your hair and nails will grow...with those prenatal vitamins.
I am so excited for you both....CONGRATULATIONS.
Sue
I am so happy ofr you.
ReplyDeleteBeth
I just want to tell everyone thanks for embarking on this journey with us and helping to come up with baby names. I also want to thank you for all the love and support our family and friends have shown. We will keep everyone updated on the baby as soon as we find out new info and to all of you, we love you guy's...and yeah, you too Pita lol.
ReplyDeleteBobby H.
I just love this blog it's like your here with us! "We're having a baby" (in my high pitch voice)! I thought I was suffering from insomnia before I know I'll be suffering from it now! I'm in tears because I've been anticipating this for years! Venn
ReplyDeleteheard you were a bit sick. Glad you got checked out. Best wishes to you as you progress with this wonderful little being that will be so welcomed and loved.
ReplyDeleteBeth
3/16/11 Just heard it is a BOY!!! Either way it is going to be so loved and have a blast in this world with such a great family in MN, there where you are. Can't wait to see the little guy. He is going to be so handsome!!!! My heart is fluttering just thinking of how tiny their fingers and toes are. So prescious!!!! Take care of you.
ReplyDeleteBeth :) !!!!
Hello. If I was there I'd paint yout toe nails for ya'. You said it is getting harder to do that kind of stuff:) Can't wait to see you and have your baby shower. Should be lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteBeth
Minnesota