We're going strong into the 14th week with slight anticipation of what our child's gender will be. The anticipation is somewhat exciting. On March 14th (God's willing) we will have our level 2 gender scan/ultrasound and we will know then what our babies sex is! I've learned that some expectant parents opt to not have a gender scan and rather wait until their child is born to learn their child's sex adding the element of surprise. I think this is great (if you have the patience) however we want to know! :-)
My "maternal" instincts tell me it's a boy, Bobby also thinks it's a boy. It's interesting to hear what others suspect the baby will be. I've heard so many old wives tales on how you can tell the gender and some are just out hilarious! The best (or worst) is the string and pencil test, or better yet the Chinese gender test which supposedly determines the sex based on the month and age of the mother at conception. Admittedly, for entertainment, I tried the ladder of the two but could in no way take it serious after one website told me that I was having a boy and other website said a girl. Being that I am not carrying twins I think it would be safe to say that any gender test that is not done by ultrasound or by seeing the babies actual "parts" is pretty much a fluke.
We are not hung up on what our babies sex will be but it is something that we think about. We just pray that our child will be as healthy as possible and has it's momma's looks! lol
Also, we have been given some really good suggestions on names so far but haven't sat down to go through them all. We will spend some time looking over the names and we will post the ones that are most popular and hopefully you all can help us narrow it down. Thank you for all the suggestions, we really want our families to be involved in this wonderful time in our lives. We know that without your support this experience would not be as wonderful as it has been thus far.
We love you,
Bobby and Antoinette
I'm so happy for you cousin your going to be a great mommy!! Your already a great godmother & I know how much you want a baby can't wait till he or she gets here! Love your cousin, Rosie
ReplyDeleteThanks cousin :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Baby, How you guys doing? If you could let me know what gender the baby will be, i can start shopping. I got nothing but love for the both of you and the baby. Dad
ReplyDeleteLets see Jyre said it's going to be a boy! Maui said there's lots of boys and there's lots girls but I want the baby to be a boy! I did the Chinese Baby chart and it worked but I think it's a girl and I hope it's a girl because I need to go shopping for cute girly clothes. OMG this is going to be so much fun! Love ya, Venn!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome!!! I wish I had thought to create memories this way. Toni you are going to be a GREAT mother. Joicy
ReplyDelete